.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Effortlessly Average

Sort of half-heartedly leading the charge into mediocrity since, oh, let's say around 1987 or so.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roaming (additional charges may apply), Argentina

Proof that with internet access and a powerful laxative, even insipid people will blog; the place where your excellence and my mediocrity collide; where my Karma whips ass on your dogma.

Friday, November 02, 2007

Wherein you reply, "yep, the web's full of weirdos!"

I originally received this tag from Pseudonimity, but in light of so much that's been going on in my life lately I've procrastinated. But yesterday Valerie tagged me with the same thing, so I figure I should let it go before I suffer annoying meme backup.

So here's the deal:

  • Link to the person who tagged you. Check.
  • List 7 facts/habits about themselves. Check.
  • At the end, tag 7 other people and link to their blog. Check.
  • Let them know they've been tagged. Oh geez, the pressure of picking 7 people... Ok, gimme a few minutes.

Ok, eight facts-slash-habits:


  1. My eyes are a golden yellow color. No, I don't have hepatitis or jaundice.

  2. I was in a motorcycle accident that resulted in lots of blood, staples, donated cadaver parts, and two surgeries. But I survived thanks to a kick-ass armored jacket and a full-wrap ceramic helmet.

  3. I eat M&Ms by color. When I buy a bag, I dump them all out, sort them by color, decide on a "scheme", then eat them in order, always starting with brown. Brown is never in one of my schemes, unless it's nearing Halloween. For Christmas I'll eat all but the red and green. For Halloween, all but the brown, orange, and yellow. Easter is all but the yellow and green. If I'm missing the ocean, I'll leave the blue and green for last. I've done this since I was a kid and have no idea why. When I finally get it down to only those in my color scheme, I'll eat those so that there's always the same number of each color on the table. Weird, huh?

  4. I've become kind of an adventure whore as I age. I've always loved having fun (who doesn't?), but I'm finding as I age that I'm enjoying "danger" more than I used to. Or maybe it's just the hint of danger. Or maybe it's me grasping at my youth. Who knows, who cares? I've always had a thing for jumping bikes (my BMX as a child and motorcycles as I got older) and still get a thrill out of all kinds of motorcycles. I've bungee jumped, gone zip-lining, survival hiking/camping, and intend to skydive for the first time next year.

  5. I write really, really good smut; or so I've been told. ::author's note:: by popular request -nay DEMAND!- I'm writing a smut story now. They are actual stories; stories of seduction; stories of desire; so much more than "he threw her down and nailed her." You can tell me if I'm lying about being good at it.

  6. Books and music, to me, represent actual places and memories, not just things to occupy my time. This is probably why I still buy actual CDs - as opposed to downloading tunes from the web - and keep every book I buy. When I open a book I've previously read or pop in a CD I've not heard in a while, the ghosts of where I was in life when I first experienced that particular media will jump out at me. And if you look at any of the commercially mass-published books in my library you'd notice many dog-eared pages and underlined phrases or words (I'd never do that to an antique book, of which I have many). I do this because I know I don't have a monopoly on excellent turns of phrase, so I remember those written by other authors to use as ideas in my own writing. And I luuurve me some reading in a hot bath.

  7. And, well, since by the time I publish this particular post you'll have all heard it already, I went to prison once. If you don't happen to know the details, read down a blog or two. It was the darkest point in my life (till my wife left) and the effects not only lingered for a long time after the event, but served to change me in the most profound ways - nearly all of which were for the better, although it took a lot of hell for me to realize it and it certainly didn't feel that way at the time. Please, try not to judge.

There ya go. Seven things that make me whatever I claim to be.

Now. Who to tag...

Dang, I read a ton of bloggers; how to narrow it down to seven?

Well, it's going to have to be random. Since I'm and Excel geek, however, I'll create a random number command and let it pick seven numbers in it's hi-techie way...

Ok, here's what it came up with:

Nicole, Crystal, Jules, Betty, St. D, Kelly, aaand Debbie

Huh. It picked all women. I swear that was random. Well, I had to remove Valerie, but that's because she already tagged me. But other than that it was totally random. Seriously. Shut up.

- The Number of People Stunned by My Mediocrity