.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Effortlessly Average

Sort of half-heartedly leading the charge into mediocrity since, oh, let's say around 1987 or so.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roaming (additional charges may apply), Argentina

Proof that with internet access and a powerful laxative, even insipid people will blog; the place where your excellence and my mediocrity collide; where my Karma whips ass on your dogma.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Quote of the Day

My daughter loved learning contractions. She loved that you could take two different words and combine them into a shorter word with the same meaning. From her car seat in the back she'd entertain us with her command of how to combine CAN-NOT or DOES-NOT or COULD-NOT, etc, always stating it as if she alone possessed the knowledge. And like any true master, she routinely tried to push the envelope of her craft.

One day we were on our way to the mall - a common pastime for those who live in L.A. One of the stores in the mall parking lot is Shoe City, which, by the way, has excellent deals on brand name shoes. I've got a pair of Reebok tennies that I bought there sometime around the dark ages and they're still wear-and-tear free despite my regular use. Try that with a pair of Wal-mart cheapies made by some nine year old in Malaysia. I wish they had the same kind of place here in New Jersey, but I've yet to find one that doesn't force the tradeoff between value and durability.

Anyway, as we turned into the lot past the shoe store, we hear this from the back seat:

"Shoe City... Well, if I had that store I'd call it 'Shitty.' "

- The Number of People Stunned by My Mediocrity