.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Effortlessly Average

Sort of half-heartedly leading the charge into mediocrity since, oh, let's say around 1987 or so.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roaming (additional charges may apply), Argentina

Proof that with internet access and a powerful laxative, even insipid people will blog; the place where your excellence and my mediocrity collide; where my Karma whips ass on your dogma.

Friday, August 12, 2005

No, That Was Before Witness Relocation

"Is it 'Pat,' Kelly?"

Question posed to me by someone trying to remember my name during an introduction to a third person.

Full exchange:
Two women approached. One looked at me, her face lighting up in recognition.
"Oh hey," she said to her companion while still eyeing me, "I'd like you to meet someone.
Stopping in front of me, she motioned to her friend "I'd like you to meet Julie. Julie, this is..."
Her lips pursed and her eyes narrowed slightly as she tried to place a name to my face. Every second standing there in silence became more uncomfortable for her, so she decided to make a leap.
"... Is it 'Pat,' Kelly?"

- The Number of People Stunned by My Mediocrity